I just received a heart-warming and unexpected Stranger’s Day gift courtesy of Stephanie Watson all the way from the UK (I’m in New York!).
Stephanie made a donation in my name to provide mosquito nets to Uganda, which protect its children from Malaria - a disease that according to Oxfam “kills more children in Africa than any other disease.”
Charity is a great passion of mine, and Stephanie’s gift was more valuable and meaningful than anything else I could have received from someone I’ve never met.
Thank you Stephanie! Your compassionate Stranger’s Day gift inspired me to also do good on this day. For this reason, I submitted a donation gift in your name to a charity I so passionately support: the World Food Programme, to help fight world hunger and provide meals for the underprivileged.
Happy Stranger’s Day Everyone!
1 year ago | 26 notes | Reblog
- saudades1 likes this
- heyaiamsam reblogged this from newyorker
- heyaiamsam likes this
- paradoxiskaya likes this
- thegirlwhothinktoomuch likes this
- coconut-jam likes this
- eldinire likes this
- whateveryourhandfindstodo likes this
- dessemerald reblogged this from newyorker
- mbise likes this
- clayray3290 reblogged this from newyorker
- urbanlabglobalcities likes this
- abrandnewcolonyblog likes this
- thesociologist likes this
- peripheric likes this
- sarahsamudre likes this
- ayrang likes this
- fucyeahaha reblogged this from newyorker
- newyorker reblogged this from simplydigitalistic and added:
- pensiveme reblogged this from simplydigitalistic
- simplydigitalistic posted this